Song Of The Day: DMX - Stop Being Greedy


DMX portrays two personalities in this song. Starting off with a more humble side but still with that determined attitude. Every four bars he switches to the other side. Thats the overly aggressive side that is determined at any cost.

As you listen you will notice the first personality is pleading for its wants. This resembles praying, notice the distorted organ sound of the beat. So These are actually the 2 sides that lie within all of us. Just like in life the song starts off humble, but at certain points it can push you to that point of ruthlessness.

[I could flip that flow, I could stick that hoe
I could get that dough, you know I'm with that yo
And the thing about the shit I came through, I haven't seen
But when it gets dark, it's like a nigga's havin dreams]

[All nightmares, the light dares to desert me
Got me like everybody wants to hurt me
Paranoid, so I strike out at what ever
The closest thing to me is gonna get it]

[but, never Will I, can I think death is wrong
So I'ma keep holdin on til, what's left is gone
You could put that on my nigga Boone
These other rap cats will give a nigga room]

[But if it ccalls for me to force my way in the door
Headhuntin mother fuckers, stay on the floor
4-4, that's what I get sick wit rrrrrrr
Four more, now all this is liquid rrrrrr ]